Stock code: SPX-14471
The RedBoard Edge is a remix of the SparkFun RedBoard designed to be panel mounted in your custom project enclosure. It has all of the features that the standard RedBoard has – plus a few extras – but the layout’s been shifted around so that everything is accessible from the edge of the board. Along one side is everything “user facing” – the power and reset buttons, status LEDs, barrel jack, and USB connector. Along the other side is everything “project facing” – the GPIO headers, Qwiic connectors and power headers.
The GPIO is organized into three groups by capability – PWM, SPI, and ADC – along with 5V and GND rails. There’s also a 4-pin power header with 3.3V and 5V outputs as well as a 5mm 2-pin screw terminal which is connected to VIN through the beefy rocker switch on the front.
The rocker switch is mounted flush to the board edge but an alternate footprint is also available so you can desolder it and scoot it up a few millimeters, making it possible to panel mount the switch. If you want to mount the board using standoffs, there are four mounting holes sized for 4-40 machine screws. Two of the mounting holes are plated-through for chassis grounding, which is selectable by solder jumper. The shield of the USB micro-b connector can also be connected to the chassis with a separate solder jumper.
We do not plan to regularly produce SparkX products so get them while they’re hot!
- ATmega328 microcontroller with Optiboot (UNO) Bootloader
- USB Programming Facilitated by the CH340G USB-to-Serial adapter
- Power, Rx, Tx, and Pin 13 LEDs
- Input voltage of 7-15V
- 0-5V outputs with 3.3V compatible inputs
- 14 GPIO pins grouped into SPI, PWM and ADC capable headers
- ISP Header
- 32k Flash Memory
- 16MHz Clock Speed
- Jumper-selectable chassis grounding
- Right-angle LED indicators, power switch and reset button
- VIN available on 5mm Screw Terminal
- Two Qwiic connectors
- Board - 4 x 1.5"
- Standoff Holes ? - 1.25 x 3.75"